Who is blogging?


My name is Melissa, I am passionate for life and for getting to know the world. I was born and grow up in Brazil. My dad’s family is Italian descendant, so I have double citizenship. My mother tongue is Portuguese, and I also speak English, Spanish and Italian. I have been living in Ireland for 11 years, apart from working trips to India, Africa and Latin America. I hold a Primary Teaching qualification with expertise in preschool, a BA in Communications and Public Relations, a postgraduate degree in Educational Management, an MSc in Development Studies (UCD - University College Dublin) and I am current doing a PhD focused in Early Intervention for Children Meaningful Interactions in the UNESCO Child and Family Research Centre, National University Galway (NUI Galway).


In terms of professional experience, I have a strong background working in communications, education and the development field. I have also set up (in Brazil) and been first Chair of a community association for child education for underprivileged children, set in honour of the memory of my old sister Monica (Associação Cultural Monica Bonotto https://acmonicabonotto.blogspot.ie/).
Moreover, I have been working as an early years’ educator in Ireland since 2007.  I have acquired extensive knowledge and practical experience in child development, child welfare, family support, child protection, the early years’ current legislation and teaching approaches.
In my personal life, I am an auntie of 7 years old twin’s, I am a very close god mother of 8 (4 boys and 4 girls) and I am Aidan Francisco’s mother; a cute and happy young baby! I live in the west of Ireland with my partner; with annual long trips to Brazil and try to accommodate the best of life in both sides of the Atlantic. I am very close to my family, which I am the oldest since my old sister passed away when she was younger in a tragic car crash. I have two brothers, and the youngest one was elected the mayor with the biggest number of votes in the history of our hometown. We have a big family with many cousins and we love to do big gatherings.
                    I respect, and I value friendship a lot. My friends have been “little angels” in my life that I appreciate have around in any moment, the happiest and the saddest ones! I love the countryside, but I am comfortable either with the city or the county life.  I love listening to music and I like to dance. However, I didn’t heritage the rhyme from Brazilian dancing.        
                    I am passionate about travelling! I enjoy reading (from Harry Potter to biographies) and I have an interest for writing. In my free time I write stories for children and I also blog about children meaningful interactions. What is meaningful for young children? From my experience with more than 10 years working in early years; my theoretical knowledge from my doctoral studies and my point of view as a mother, an auntie and a godmother. Have a look at https://childrenmeaningfulinteractions.blogspot.ie/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog