The Magic of having a baby!

(Photo: my personal archival, please do not duplicate it. Thank you!)

I realized I had said a lot about being tired and how tough it is to having a baby without having your family around to give you a hand. This is all true. But I haven't said about the magic! Yes, having a baby is magical! It is powerful and empowering! Every morning I look at my boy and see a beautiful smile face saying to me how happy he is ... The fact is, he may know how happy he makes me... 

I kiss his little fat hands and feet and love to make noises kissing his belly! He thinks it is hilarious! He absolutely loves to play hide and seek. Yes, he laughs loudly!  
I love to see different steps and new discovering every week! In fact, each day is a little box of surprises. 
Since he has learnt to hug, cuddling has become even more special. When he lays his head on my shoulders I know he is calling for some prime/cosy time. He is only 9 months and 2 weeks and he is well able to express himself. He shows me all the time what he likes and what he does not like. Aidan Francisco is an expression of pure love in my life!
He also brings me a whole lot of responsibilities. Apart from all the things I need to do for him, also the ones I want to do for him. Off course, I want the best for him… I want to give the best foundation to him, and this is a journey full of challenges and doubts. Parents make mistakes every day. Even when we are so sure we are doing the right thing, we may be making a mistake. So I adopt the theory that I do the best I can in that moment and then go with the flow. 
He is a little part of us that is learning how to survive. He has a whole life ahead of him, and we all know that it will not be the easiest journey. But I want to be part of every step and do my best to be there for him. 
Now, I have to say it is kind of easier. I can calm down my little baby with a lullaby song or with a cosy feeding. He can craw and he comes looking for me if I left him in the living room and went to the kitchen. He knows my smell, my voice, my eyes. And I know his. 
Since very little time ago he thought we both belong to the same body. Now he absolute adores to look in the mirror! He thinks is fun!
We are bounded by an invisible cord of love. And every day, I just stand up and go again, thanking God for this amazing blessing in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog